Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I Love A Plan






James 4:13-15 (NLT)
   13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”


Father, you know I love a plan. For me it gives direction, definition and determination to my life. For me this means I know where I am going, why I am going and the purpose of going. Yet Father sometimes you remind me that there may be a hitch in my plan. There are things I don’t know or control.  Plan A, B, C, or D looks good and seems reasonable to me, but plan G, God’s plan is best.  

Father I have often discovered that when my plans are adjusted to fit into your plan, how good it is. So thank you Father for reminding me to say: “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” That is truly the plan I love. And I can say with the writer of Hebrews: “God had planned something better for us……”
Hebrews 11:40 (NIV)

Thank you Father for the good things you plan and provide for us through Jesus, your beloved Son.
 
Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.