Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

SEARCH ME O LORD!





Psalms 139:1-4  "O Lord you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise.  You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down.  You are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue ~ you know it completely, Oh Lord.

This prayer from Psalms can comfort or convict.  None of us like to be searched.  We all like to keep some little secrets.  Myself included.  Do I want my thoughts perceived, and my words before I speak them.  I think the difference is where we are in our daily walk with the Lord.  It's comforting to know that our Heavenly Father, knows me personally and in interested in the little things in my life, like my sitting, rising, going out or lying down.  He is familiar with me.  He not only knows what I will say, but what I thinking before I say it.   What a blessing when you focus your thoughts and action to worship the Lord.  Then you know you are pleasing Him.  This Psalm 139 ends asking the Lord to search our hearts and reveal to us any wicked way that might be hiding there.  I think that's comforting.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.