Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

thursday: five

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.”

Teach me to honor, O God. Open my eyes to the sacrifices my parents and elders have made on my behalf. Help me to understand what they need… how I can share my love.

Too often, Lord, I get caught up in my own life and the needs of my children. I fail to see the many opportunities to love and honor as you’ve commanded. Often, I see this as a chore, a burden.

Thank you God for the amazing gift of mothers and fathers. Thank you for putting it on their hearts to conceive me, to create me, to care for me, to nurture me. Even at times when relationships were rocky, or broken, they truly were and are such amazing gifts.

Help me love unconditionally. Help me honor with joy and grace. Show me how I can give more. Burn this commandment onto my heart.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.