Hebrews 2:17–18 (ESV)
17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV)
13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
I thank you, Jesus, that you are able to both sympathise and help me when I undergo suffering and temptation.
Human help for those who suffer is limited. Some people can at times sympathise but not be able to help. Others can at times help, but can never fully understand and empathise with what I am going through.
But you, Lord Jesus, have no such limitations.
You fully understand and empathise as you fully share in my pain. And more than that, you have the power to help me in my suffering and temptation.
Help me, Lord Jesus, to understand and experience this in my life
In Your Name, Jesus, I pray
AMEN.
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Add a comment or request for prayer here.