Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

how Jesus gave




As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “Take it, for this is my body.” (Mark 14:22)

Sacrificial Jesus,

When you had nothing else to give, you gave yourself. 

And as your friends shared and ate, they were confused and complicit, just like all of us

May we give our lives and confusions, our hollowness and our hearts - because when we give like this, we are like you.


After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked, “Do you understand what I was doing? You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because that’s what I am. And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. (John 13:12-15)


Uncovered Jesus,

You washed the feet of your friends with your hands.

We do not know what to do with this kind of love or this kind of power.

May we model it more often: every day, every hour, every encounter, because this is how you chose to show love and power to your friends.


Amen



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.