Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer to grow spiritually



Lord,

I believe in you: increase my faith.
I trust in you: strengthen my trust.

I love you: let me love you more and more.
I am sorry for my sins: deepen my sorrow.

I worship you as my first beginning,
I long for you as my last end.

Help me to conquer anger with gentleness and greed by generosity.
Help me to forget myself and reach out toward others.

Make me prudent in planning, courageous in taking risks.
Make me patient in suffering, unassuming in prosperity.

Keep me attentive at prayer, temperate in food and drink.
Help me to be diligent in my work, firm in my good intentions. 

Let my conscience be clear, my conduct without fault.
Cause my speech to be blameless and my life well-ordered.

Put me on guard against my human weaknesses. 
In your beautiful name I pray.

Amen
- excerpts from a prayer attributed to Pope Clement XI    


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.