Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A prayer when having a mid-life crisis




A prayer when having a mid-life crisis


Lord, I feel such a sense of failure. As I look back over the years, I wonder where they have all gone, as time has slipped by so quickly.

Nothing seems to mean much any more. I have no sense of achievement. I have lost all sense of adventure in life. The children have flown the nest. I feel I’m just existing, going through the motions of life, not really living any more.

I see how we tried to bring up our children. I know I can get too easily caught up in what went wrong.

Help me not to focus so much on the past, what I have lost, but to remember you are Lord of all, of my life, of the future, of everything.

Lord, I don’t know really where I’m going! Please help me to refocus on my destination then I’ll know where my life is going.

Help me to feel the touch of your love, find new direction, a more focused hope for my journey, a fresh sense of adventure, I pray.

Amen.

Source: Martin Manser, Martin. 2018. A Book of Prayers. 


----

Psalm 33:20–22 (ESV)
20 Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. 21 For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. 22 Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you.





Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.