Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Create Space in Your Innermost Self




Create Space in Your Innermost Self

Today I imagined my inner self as a place crowded with pins and needles. How could I receive anyone in my prayer when there is no place for them to be free and relaxed? When I am still so full of preoccupations, jealousies, angry feelings, anyone who enters will get hurt. I had a very vivid realization that I must create some free space in my innermost self so that I may indeed invite others to enter and be healed. To pray for others means to offer others a hospitable place where I can really listen to their needs and pains. Compassion, therefore, calls for a self-scrutiny that can lead to inner gentleness.

Taken from "You are the Beloved"

by Henri J.M. Nouwen

----------------


Lord, heal me so that I might find peace.

Lord calm my inner turmoil that I might experience and enjoy Your Presence and Hospitality.

Lord, heal me so that I might be a source of healing to others.

Lord, grant me serenity within my soul that I may be able to listen to the needs of others and pray for them.
In Jesus' Name, Amen 


Philippians 4:6–8 (ESV)

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.