Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

An advent prayer


Lord Jesus,

I thank you for the season of Advent, a time of preparing our hearts to remember the blessing of your coming to earth as an infant.

Help me in the midst of all the festivities and presents, to remember to prepare my heart to remember afresh what it meant for you to come to earth in the form of a baby. 

Help me to better understand and experience what it means to have You, Lord Jesus, in my heart as Lord and Saviour. 

Help me to allow You the freedom to transform my heart and life, so that I may be more like You.
And in doing so, by Your power and grace, I may become a catalyst and help prepare the way for those around me to discover the true meaning of Christmas - the love of God made known in Your birth, life, death, and resurrection. 

In Your precious Name, I pray

Amen


____


It is a custom with many Christians to anticipate the arrival of Christmas a considerable time beforehand by fitting up in their homes a crib to represent the birth of Jesus Christ. But there are few who think of preparing their hearts in order that the infant Jesus may be born in them, and there find His repose. - ALPHONSUS LIGUORI (1696–1787)

---

Luke 3:4–6 (ESV)
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways, 6 and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’ ”



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.