Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

THE VALLEY OF VISION





Elector of Saints,
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest and callest to thyself.  With thee is mercy, redemption, assurance, forgiveness.  Thou hast lifted me, a prisoner, out of the pit of sin and pronounced my discharge, not only in the courts of heaven, but in the dock of conscience; hath justified me by faith, given me peace with three, made me to enjoy floriious liberty as thy child.  Save me from the false hope of the hypocrite;  May I never suppose I am in Christ unless I am a new creature, never think I am born of the Spirit unless I mind the things of the Spirit.  May I learn of holy art of abiding in thee.  Amen


Taken from The Valley of Vision,   Prayers of the Puritans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.