Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer for self acceptance



Dear God,

I am not who I want to be.

I often sin, fall short and find myself frustrated.

My life seems to be one mistake followed by another.

My best efforts are not always enough and I feel like a failure.

I compare myself to others and I fall short.

I am not who I want to be.

Help me to have the courage to accept the way that I am wired.

Give me grace that I might not compare myself to others.

Keep me open to new ways of thinking about life and success.

Teach me to be humble and to accept myself just as I am.

Grant me wisdom that I might see 'me' as you see me.

In all things and in all ways help me to love myself as you love me.

Amen.


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.