Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer from psalm 46



Father,

You will lead us in the fiercest battle: the one for our souls.

The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.


Lead us in the fire. Be with us in the storm. Our hearts are crying out for your care, your righteousness. Our minds know what we shouldn't do, and our bodies betray us. Father, we need you.

My soul is Yours, O Lord. Where else would we go but with the Lord of Hosts?

Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.


 Make my heart beat as Yours beats. Make my heart loves what You love. Take captive all that fights for my attention. Destroy the war of sin and flesh inside me.

You are the one who calms the wind and waves and makes my heart be still.

He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.


Though the earth gives way, the mountains move into the sea, the nations rage, I know You are in control.

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.



Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and powerful song and scripture. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.