Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

prayer in a scary diagnosis

My wife was initially diagnosed with MS in 2002. Six years later her diagnosis changed to neuromyelitis optica. I think this prayer, by Canon Andrew White, speaks to what it is like when one first hears the news of their disease.

Lord they tell me I have MS and at times I am afraid; my future, my family, my ambitions are all full of uncertainties, my body will not function as it used to and I no longer feel in control; at times, though surrounded by masses, I feel so alone.

In my fear will you enable me to trust you, in my vulnerability may I know your power and in my loneliness will you assure me of your presence.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.