Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Trusting and Resting in God's Plan

“I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.” -Psalm 57:2

When you first believed in Christ, someone may have told you, “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.” So you launched out on your spiritual journey, comforted to know that God has a special plan just for you. But then, when troubles piled up – you received the bad medical report or your marriage fell apart – did you feel like you somehow got separated from that “wonderful plan”? In today’s Scripture, David says, “I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.”

There really is a purpose for your life, and God certainly will fulfill it. But that plan also includes some difficulty, pain, and disappointment. Jesus made this clear when He said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33). Hardships will come. But in Him, we overcome.

Lord, how grateful I am that You have a game plan for my life, and that I don’t have to arrange events or force outcomes to make it all happen. I trust Your heart for me today. I rest in Your wise and loving plan, even when it includes situations that seem like obstacles and roadblocks. Amen

-a devotional prayer from Joni Erickson Tada

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.