Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer for the unknown


Father,


I do not understand
the why sometimes

the things of hurt
pain
sorrow

I welcome the 
joyful and content surety 
of understanding

Father,
please plunge
deep into the recesses 
of my heart

help me 
see
love
obey

help me 
understand

teach me to know
my number 
of days

that i may be wise
to use them 
for Your glory

O Lord - but more!
help me trust in what You 
know
and not to trust 
in only what i do

though you slay me
I will trust in You

Amen


"I will complain, yet praise; 
I will bewail, approve; 
And all my sour-sweet days 
I will lament and love."  -George Herbert




Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.