Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayer for a difficult friend

We sometimes come across our fellow brothers and sisters whom we are not sure how to deal with. In the end, it is still with love and acceptance, forgiveness and understanding. May God have mercy on us.

Father,
I may be blind to my own role in this relationships. Help me see the truth about myself. Apply the healing power of Your Word to my heart and mind. Deliver me from any stronghold that causes me to harm people with my words and actions. Save me from self-destructive patterns.

I struggle in my relationship with this person. I need You to give me wisdom on how to love her well. You are my shield and defender. Show me how, when and where to erect boundaries in our relationship. I believe You are my healer and I trust You to guard my heart and mind.

I need Your specific directions on how to interact with her.

I want to love her with a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. (1 Timothy 1:5)

Help me to love her courageously. Fill me with Your truth and compel me to fearlessly tell the truth with love. Let Your perfect love cast out all of my fears related to our relationship.

I surrender to You what I think our relationship should be. Please transform it so that it honors You.

In Jesus, I pray. Amen

Adapted from Bible Study Tools

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.