Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.



Dr. Charles Stanley just celebrated his 80th Birthday.  Year's of faithful ministry and preaching God's Word.

In the margin of my Worship Bible I found a prayer quoted from him and thought it was a good prayer to begin our new year and our daily walk with the Lord.

"Thank you Father, that you still speak to me today through your Word, my circumstances, and other people.  I need to hear your voice.  Teach me to be quiet and alert.  I will wait on you and follow your counsel."  (Charles Stanley 1932-)

I sometimes think we forget that God speaks not only through his Word, but I need to see him speaking to my in my circumstances, and especially be willing to hear the word of other people who have my best interests at heart.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.