Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Headaches

Dear Lord,

I don't know why I find myself so forgetful on Fridays, though I did wake up today with a splitting headache and slept away half the morning and then half the afternoon as well. I am thankful that even though they turn my stomach and find me clutching my pillow for hours, I do not fear these headaches that afflict me on occasion. They are just part of who I am. I thank you for the rest I did get today, for the daughter who so lovingly looked after the little ones, and for a headache reprieve tonight so that I could go for a short walk with My Darling.

I pray, dear Lord, that You would be with those who are really hurting this night, those whose headaches are not going to go away, those who battle pain and illness on a regular basis. And, I pray that when my head throbs and my stomach threatens to turn over, that I would remember the hurting people of the world. Please show me, Father, someone who needs a bit of encouragement and tell me how I can share Your love with them.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. "I would remember the hurting people"

    Amen Martha. I think that is a good way to turn pain inside out. Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.