Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Toys

Father,
I want to know Thee, but my coward heart fears to give up its toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from Thee the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do come. Please root from my heart all Those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival. Then shalt Thou make the place of Thy feet glorious. Then shall my heart have no need of the sun to shine in it, for Thyself wilt be the light of it, and there shall be no night there. In Jesus' name, Amen. ~A.W Tozer, "The Pursuit of God"

Amen

mjt

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. The flesh loves it toys for sure.. Lord deliver us from our need of toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...and join you in this prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.