Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

God Adds His Blessing

The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, Thus you shall bless the people of Israel: you shall say to them, The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. "So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them." (Numbers 6:22-27 ESV)

God closes this passage by saying that when Moses says this blessing then He Himself would bless those that Moses blessed because His name is put on those blessed. When we bless others in prayer we invoke the name of God and God adds His blessing to ours. God pays attention when we say "The LORD bless you".. He sees our hearts desire of blessing. It is good to remember that when we bless in His name He adds His blessing to ours.

Cause me to be a living blessing Lord. As I travel today help me to speak blessing to those who I encounter. Thank you that I am blessed to be a blessing.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

1 comment:

  1. Bob ~ As I read your post, that old hymn "Showers of Blessings" popped in my mind, so I will sing and pray tonight.

    Bob you are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.