Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Peace Prayer

The Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace.. (Galatians 5:22a)

Continuing about praying the spiritual character of the Spirit we come to peace this morning. I find that peace only comes when I quiet my mind.. even my prayers seem to be expressions of worry when my mind is engaged. Philippians 4:6-7 speaks to the type of prayer that brings peace.. read it if you get a minute.. in essence it says:
If you pray.. why worry? If you worry.. why pray?
I think that peace comes when we are trusting God in prayer in our heart.

In the spirit of 1Peter 5:7 we cast our cares on you dear Father.. you care about our worries and fears.. you have invited us to bring our burdens to you and you would give us an easy yoke.. with all our hearts we bring our cares to you.. and we thank you for the peace that you so generously give.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.