Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

we are His


 

Father,

Your Word is solace for the sad, a firm rock for those looking for balance, and bread for the hungry. This is our reality, and we praise You. You've made promises you alone can keep, and you do not lie. No god is as near or as good, as merciful or as mighty as You - no matter the storm or season.

You created us and are redeeming us, all for Your glory. As Isaiah 43 says:


But now, this is what the Lord says—     
he who created you, Jacob,     
he who formed you, Israel: 
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;     
I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 
 When you pass through the waters,     
I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,     
they will not sweep over you. 
When you walk through the fire,     
you will not be burned;    
 the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,     
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; 
I give Egypt for your ransom, 
Cush and Seba in your stead. 
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, 
and because I love you, 
I will give people in exchange for you, 
nations in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; 
I will bring your children from the eas
and gather you from the west.

You summoned us by name, calling us to life in the gospel. You gave us a new name - "Mine."

There is no truth sweeter than the truth of Your great affection for us is our new name.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.