Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

as we grow older


Lord, 

You know better than I, that I am growing older. 

Keep me from the habit of thinking I must say something on every subject. 

Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. 

Make me thoughtful but not moody; helpful but not bossy. 

Keep me sweet, that I might have a few friends at the end.

Keep from reciting endless details; give me help to get to that point. 

Seal my lips on my aches and pains - help me to listen to people who hurt. 

I pray for a growing humility when my memory seems to fail. 

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet and easy to live with.

Give me the ability to see good things in people and places.
Amen
 - Author Unknown    

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.