Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

There is a Time



"...weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15 (ESV) 




Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 4 (ESV) 
1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 4 a time to weep, and. ...a time to mourn..."

Heavenly Father we recognize that even in the times of celebrating Christmas and "...good news of great joy..."  there are tragedies that occur that result in great sorrow, mourning and weeping.  We recall your admonition   for us to: "Bear one another’s burdens."  Galatians 6:2 (ESV) and to bring comfort along with spiritual and material care to ease the burdens of such enormous loss and emotional suffering.

Father our hearts are heavy with grief for the agony of those, throughout the world, in poverty, brokenness, persecution, disease that seems to be unending. May we not only be bearers of the hope of Christmas but also, as followers of Christ, help in bringing renewal, restoration and recovery to all in need of relief. 

Lord Jesus may we be mindful that how we minister to those in need is a reflection on how we treat you for you said: "35 ...I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’  Matthew 25:35-40 (ESV) 

Thank You Father for the privilege of serving you through lifting the burdens of others and sharing your love with them. 

In the name of Jesus our great Savior. Amen.





Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.