Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

when the holidays are hard

Sometimes the holiday season surfaces all sorts of emotions. Sometimes we find ourselves grieving a loss or struggling with all sorts of images from holidays past.

In these times God can seem distant and prayers so hard to say. I find that simple prayers can help to communicate our heart. Here is something we can pray.

I am hurting Lord. I am sad and I am struggling.

I offer my pain to you. I lift up my struggles and my sadness.

I confess that you are my friend, that you care about me and you are with me.

I ask you to help me. To comfort me. To bring joy into my life.

I believe in you Lord and trust you to bring me through this season.

I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.