Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

In Whom Do We Trust?



Father,

On a day when many of us will feel uncertain, either in the outcome of this US election or in how we cast our vote, teach us to lean into a deeper trust in you.

Remind us that if our candidates win, we ought not to gloat... for that means someone we love may be hurt and grieving. And that doesn't mean we ought to love them less. because you don't love them less.

Teach us to comfort those who will be hurt, not with unhelpful platitudes of "God is still in charge" - though God - please know we still believe this to be true! But show us a better way to comfort those who are hurt, realizing that sometimes even true words aren't always helpful. Help us point others to the truth of Jesus, the truth of the gospel, and to acknowledge pain and sit with people in their grief.

If our candidates lose, Father, may we resist bitterness that will try to rise in us. May the hope you promise break through and settle into our hearts. May we not feel forgotten by you, because God we know that you remember us - that way you remembered Noah, remembered Abraham, remembered Rachel, remembered Joseph. You do not forget your people.

Lord, we put not our trust in political candidates or man-made systems, but in you alone.

Amen

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In Whom Do We Trust?

"I trust," says the Christian, "in a triune God. 

I trust the Father, believing that He has chosen me from before the foundations of the world;
 I trust Him to provide for me in providence,
 to teach me, to guide me, to correct me if need be, 
and to bring me home to His own house where the many mansions are.

I trust the Son. Very God of very God is He--Christ Jesus.

I trust in Him to take away all my sins by His own sacrifice, 
and to adorn me with His perfect righteousness. 
I trust Him to be my Intercessor, to present my prayers and desires before His Father's throne.
I trust Him for what He is, for what He has done, and for what He has promised yet to do.

And I trust the Holy Spirit--who reveals and convicts me of my sins each days.
I trust Him to drive them all out; I trust Him to curb my temper, to subdue my will, 
to enlighten my understanding, to check my passions, to comfort my despondency, 
to help my weakness, to illuminate my darkness; I trust Him to dwell in me as my life,
to reign in me as my King, to sanctify me wholly, spirit, soul, 
and body, and then to take me up to dwell with the saints in light for ever."

Oh, blessed trust! To trust Him whose power will never be exhausted, 
whose love will never stop, whose kindness will never change, 
whose faithfulness will never fail, whose wisdom can never be matched
 and whose perfect goodness can never know no boundary.
 
Have peace, dear one, if this trust in God is yours.
Rest in the trust that He holds you fast, 
and that the truth of His faithfulness will never end.



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.
Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.