Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

OLD AND GRAY


 Isaiah 46:1-4 "Listen to me, all the remnant of the people of Israel, you whom I have upheld from your birth, and have carried since you were born.  Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you.  I will sustain you and carry you."

I realize that in this passage it speaks to Israel....but isn't the Word of God for all of us!!  This has been a hard year and sometimes I truly feel my old age and gray hair.  I'm pushing 79 and as a youngster, would seem like at 79 you would be dead or petrified. HaHa 

The above picture is me.  Without the make up, without the hairdo, just sitting in the sun on the balcony reflecting on my life and how God has upheld me from my birth, carried me since I was born, and will continue to carry and sustain me for as long as my days are.  That is extremely comforting and I find my rest and peace in that truth!

Heavenly Father, Thank you for upholding us from birth, and carrying us even to our old age and gray hairs.  You are the sustainer of life, and you will always carry us and sustain us.  That is your promise.  And we know, YOU always keep your promises.  We love you, and are grateful for old age and gray hair, and your sustaining power.  There is such comfort in that promise.  I love You.  Amen.
Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.