Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

BE JOYFUL



"Mark Twain was a professional humorist whose lectures and writings made people around the world laugh and, for a short time, forget their troubles.  Yet Mark Twain himself was, in private, a man whose life was broken by sorrow.  When his beloved daughter Jean died suddenly of an epileptic seizure, Twain too ill to go to the funeral, said to a friend, "I have never greatly envied anyone but the dead.  I always envy the dead."  

How very sad ~ to not experience joy in life and think that death is the only answer to cover the sorrow.

Jesus Christ was "a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief." Yet He possessed a deep joy that was beyond anything this world could offer.  As he faced the cruel death of Calvary, Jesus said to His followers, "These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full".  (John 15:11)

Heavenly Father, help me to remember that even when things go wrong, I can have JOY ~ The joy of knowing You, the joy of having the Holy Spirit as my comfort and guild, and the joy of knowing You are in CONTROL.  Your JOY is my strength, and I will sing to You with joyful praises and songs.  I love You.  Amen



Mark Twain story from "Be Joyful" by Warren W. Wiersbe


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.