Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a new year blessing

God, bless to me this new day and coming year.
Open my eyes to the wonder of your presence in my life.
Help me to understand my purpose as I walk in your very presence.
You have given me this time and this season, O God.

Cause me to bring blessing to everything that my eyes behold.
May your blessing in my life cause blessing to flow from me.
I commit to love and to bless my friend and my neighbors.
In truth, I need the blessings of my friends and neighbors.

God, help me to live from the good heart that you have given me.
Give me wisdom to know your will and trust with all of my heart.
Bring blessings into me family and help us all to trust in you.
In all things, I offer myself and my possessions to your service.

Amen
-adapted from a traditional Celtic prayer

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.