Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

MARY'S GIFT



Mark 14:3 "While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard.  She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head."

"Her sorrow overwhelmed her.  Here was Jesus.  Talking, Laughing, Smiling. And all the while she could only think of the terrible moment when he would be lost to her.  Driven by overwhelming sorrow, Mary decided to show Jesus her love while he was still alive, not while she wept over his cold still body.  She wanted Jesus to know how much she cared ~~so much that she was willing to make a fool of herself in front of the men who surrounded him."
   (Taken from The Carpenter's Cloth ~ Christ's Journey tot he Cross and Beyond by Sigmund Brouwer)

Dear Lord, Let my love for you overwhelm me.  Make me willing to be made a fool to others because my love for you is more important than what people think of me.  I love You, I worship You, I thank you for Your sacrifice and my salvation.   Amen

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.