Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayer before Surgery

My wife had surgery today to deal with a kidney stone blockage. Reminded me that it is good to ask God for help in such situations. Please take a moment and pray with me.

Loving Father, I entrust myself to your care this day; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in your Name, and grant that every cause of illness be removed, I may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with you and with those around me. Through Jesus Christ. Amen.

...originally offered at Catholic Online

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. No worries. God will hear all the prayers and make the surgery a successful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine what I would do with my Lord. Praying that your sweet wife recovers fully and that He ministers to her during this time with His loving Hand!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.