Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Inviting His Presence Into Our Work

A prayer from the folks at Beliefnet..

Lord Jesus, as I enter this workplace, I bring Your presence with me. I speak Your peace, Your grace and Your perfect order into the atmosphere of my workplace.

I acknowledge Your Lordship over all that will be spoken, thought, decided and accomplished this day.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for the gifts and skill You have deposited in me. I do not take them lightly, but commit to using them responsibly and well.

Give me a fresh supply of truth and beauty on which to draw as I do my job today.

Bless my creativity, my ideas, my energy so that even my smallest task may bring You honor.

Lord, when I'm confused, guide me - when I'm weary, energize me.

Lord, when I'm burned out, infuse me with the light of Your Holy Spirit.

May the work I do and the way I do it bring hope, life and courage to all that I come into contact with today.

And, oh Lord, even in this day's most stressful moments, may I rest in You.

In the name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. I worked for many years in the secular world. One of the things I reminded myself on the way to work each morning.... "I do not work for Davis Paul Management, I work for Jesus Christ, the Lover of my Soul. If I please Him today, nothing else matters."

    There were days I would never had made it if I hadn't prayed that prayer each morning.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.