Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

You are the Vine

Dear Jesus ~

In your Word you tell me You are the Vine and I am the branch. Oh Lord, many other "vines" contend for my allegiance. But they promise what they cannot deliver. "Remain in me" says my job, "and you will find true success." "Make us top priority, "says my family" and you will find unmatched love." "Stick with me," says my religious tradition, "and you will enjoy the deepest spiritual experiences." "Plug into status or riches or pleasure" says this world "and you will find yourself." But all these "vines" dear Lord, even those created for our good cannot compete with YOU! You alone are the true vine. In you alone do I find my rightful place in the world. Through Your strength alone will my brief life count for eternity. So I choose, by Your grace to remain in You, to make my home in You forever. I love you Jesus, Amen.
(John 15 - Worship Bible)


"Let us all become a true and fruitful branch on the vine Jesus, by accepting Him in our lives as it pleases Him to come: as the Truth to be told; as the Life to be lived; as the Light to be lighted; as the Love to be loved; as the Way to be walked; As the Joy to be given; as the Peace to be spread; as the Sacrifice to be offered, in our families and within our neighborhoods." ~~Mother Teresa of Calcutta ~ (1910-1997)

"Vine of heaven, Thy love supplies
his blest cup of sacrifice
Tis Thy wounds our healing give;
To Thy cross we look and live
Thou our life! O let us be
Rooted, grafted, built on Thee
Josiah Concer (1824)

God bless you today, as you pray and reflect on being a branch in the One and Only True Vine.

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

Add a comment or request for prayer here.