Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayer with Thanksgiving

Today's post comes to us complements of my friend Eileen..

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)

I’ve been pondering the incident in Luke 17 when Jesus healed ten men with leprosy. Only one of the men came back and thanked him. If we can forget to give thanks for amazing good things, will we remember at all when we are in hard times? Paul makes it clear that we should be thanking God as often as we pray. Right now, let us give thanks…

Father, God, I thank you for senses to perceive all your good creation that provides such beauty, as well as provision for food, clothing, and shelter.

Thank you for today, for breath and life, and the privilege of knowing you.

Thank you for Jesus who came into this world, and suffered and died to deliver me from sin and give me eternal life.

Thank you for the privilege of talking to you, and the assurance that you are listening.

Thank you for loving me.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.