Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Heavenly Wisdom

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. (James 1:5-8 NLT)

This passage is a companion to that passage in Proverbs 3:5-8 that speaks of trusting God and not leaning on our own understanding. These verses speaks to our need to abandon earthly wisdom when we ask God to give us heavenly wisdom. It is difficult because for so much of our lives we have lived our lives being directed by our brainy heads. So often we look for wisdom from without forgetting that His Spirit lives within.

Father, I confess that I don't have the wisdom I need and I desperately need Your wisdom today. I need Your help to abandon my hope in this world. I need Your wisdom to sort out my broken heart and to move forward in hope. I ask for wisdom today dear Lord and confess my trust in You.. help me to hear what You are saying.


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.