Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Temple Prayer

A few excerpts from King Solomon's prayer in chapter 8 of 1Kings. I suggest that we substitute the temples that are our bodies for the temple of stone that Solomon built.

LORD God of Israel, there is no God in heaven above or on earth below like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts.

But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built! Yet regard the prayer of Your servant and his supplication, O LORD my God, and listen to the cry and the prayer which Your servant is praying before You today: that Your eyes may be open toward this temple night and day, toward the place of which You said, 'My name shall be there,' that You may hear the prayer which Your servant makes toward this place. And may You hear the supplication of Your servant and of Your people Israel, when they pray toward this place. Hear in heaven Your dwelling place; and when You hear, forgive.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. My daily walk through the Bible has me reading about David and Solomon and the building of the temple.

    God is so much more interested in how I treat the temple He has given me. My body!!! Lord help me to respect and take care of it!!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.