Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Seize the Day


Psalm 118:24 (NIV)
     “This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

Psalm 39:4-5 (NLT)
     “LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered— how fleeting my life is. 5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.”

Father these verses are complimentary to each other in that one speaks of the blessings of life and the other the brevity of life. They present a balance that we need to be mindful of each day of the year. We should not take a single day for granted nor lose sight of the opportunity, joy and possibilities each day presents. Every day is an adventure in living, in discovering and in developing our relationship with you and others.

Father we ask you to help us remember the blessings and brevity of each day and to live each one with eternities values in view. We pray with the Psalmist: “Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts.” Psalm 90:12 (HCSB)

In Jesus name, Amen.

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.