Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I have no idea where I am going.

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
    and the fact that I think that I am following your will
    does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road
    though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust you always
    though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.

I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
    and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

Amen

― Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. Desire is so important....I love the verse that says...."Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart". I have to remember it's my part to delight myself in the Lord daily...then His desires become mine....Thanks Bob...enjoyed your prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.