Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

THE FRIEND ABOVE ALL OTHERS



Matthew 11:19 (HCSB)
     The Son of Man came eating and drinking…………. a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’”
 

Mark 2:15-17 (NLT)
     15 Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.) 16 But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?” 17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”
 

Father it is clear that the religious elite, those righteous in their own eyes, abhorred Jesus friendship with sinners. It was unthinkable and beyond their ability to identify or associate with such degenerates who had no right to social or religious acceptance. How could a holy man be involved with people like that? But that is why you came!
 

Thank you Jesus for being the Friend of Sinners. Thank you for being my friend, a sinner in desperate need of you. Thank you that I can sing with the Psalmist:
 

Psalm 103:1-3 (NLT)
     1 Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. 2 Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. 3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
 

Thank you Lord Jesus for being my friend. It doesn’t just mean to world to me, it means eternity with you. Thank you dear FRIEND!


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.