Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Hallowed Be Your Name

This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, (Matthew 6:9)

I cannot hear the words "hallowed be your name" without flashing back to a worship song that I used to sing.. I guess worship is a great way.. maybe the only way.. to begin prayer. It reminds me of how the psalmist tells us to enter His courts with praise. It is necessary to have a worshipful heart when we pray. When we pray with a heart overflowing with praise our prayers often look very different. Let's take a cue from the Psalmist and pray this passage:

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
..with all my inmost being I praise Your holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
..I do not forget not all Your benefits-
..You forgive all my sins and heals all my diseases,
..You redeem my life from the pit
..You crown me with love and compassion,
..You satisfy my desires with good things
..so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.