Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

The Goodness of God


“Only God is truly good.”
Luke 18:19 (NLT)

Exodus 33:18-19 (NLT)

     18 Moses responded, “Then show me your glorious presence.” 19 The LORD replied, “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you……”.

Exodus 34:5-7 (NLT)
     5 Then the LORD came down in a cloud and stood there with him; and he called out his own name, Yahweh. 6The LORD passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The LORD! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. 7 I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations. I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin…….”

Psalm 86:5 (NLT)
     O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.

Father in your great goodness we see all of the grace, love and forgiveness available to us through faith in your Son. The words of the song “I am Not Worthy” expresses this so well:  

I am not worthy the least of His favor,
But Jesus left heaven for me;
The Word became flesh and He died as my Savior,
Forsaken on dark Calvary.

Chorus:
I am not worthy this dull tongue repeats it! 
I am not worthy this heart gladly beats it?
Jesus left heaven to die in my place
What mercy, what love and what grace!

Thank you Father for the infinite abundance of grace that flows from the incredible goodness of your heart.

We give you thanks and praise through Jesus our Lord and Savior. Amen.


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.