Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Stretched


Father my emotions are stretched like a rubber band to the breaking point, from rage to compassion. Rage over the deaths of a young man in Oklahoma to the death of an old World War II Vet in Washington, both victims of cruel, heartless and senseless murder.  Compassion for the unbearable loss their family and friends suffer.  I know your justice will be served, and I can’t imagine the pain in your heart over the brutality of the human race in every conceivable conflict and yet you express emotions in such a telling way.
Genesis 6:5-6 (ESV)
5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Father sometimes I just don’t know what to pray but I will ask for help, mercy and your just intervention in a world that will never make sense without you.

Father, You are the God of all hope and so we don’t give up because we trust you. So I say with the Psalmist:

…I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hand;” Psalm 31:14-15 (ESV)

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.