Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Rest


“He lets me rest in green meadows……”
Psalm 23:2 (NLT)

Father with all the turmoil, anxiety and fear in the world, how sweet are the words of Jesus: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29 (ESV)

Thank you Father that in your rest there is relief from debilitating stress, ease from depressing burdens, safety from dangerous snares, and tranquility from a chaotic world. We are as a lamb sleeping in a garden of peace. Of us it may well be said: “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8 (ESV)

In deed Father, “Let my soul be at rest again, for the LORD has been good to me.” Psalm 116:7 (NLT)

Thank you for this wonderful rest in Jesus name. Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.