Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Greatest Purpose in Life



Psalm 40:7-8 (ESV)
     7 Then I said, “Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: 8I delight to do your will, O my God.”

John 4:34 (NIV)
     "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 6:38 (NIV)
     For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Mark 14:36 (NIV)
    "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

2 Peter 1:17 (NIV)
     17  For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Holy Father, it is clear that your great pleasure in your beloved Son, Jesus, came from his obedience to Your will in every aspect of his life and death. Your will was his priority, purpose, passion and pleasure. It was the preeminent desire of every beat of his heart. Little wonder that he brought You such joy.

Father, help us to fully grasp that the singular primary value of life, is doing your will. And so we pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:9-10 (NIV)

In the name of Jesus Your Obedient Son and our Savior. Amen.



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.