Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Lament


Father,

I feel broken today. I am wrecked by the ravages of the Fall. Sin is breaking my heart - the sins of my own and the sins of others against me and the sins of others against others.

This just isn't how it's supposed to be.

But You know that, I suppose. For You are the Creator of the universe and it was never designed for this sin. That's on me. On us. We've broken shalom with You and these are the consequences: Hurt and pain.

O Lord, how long shall I cry for help, 
and you will not hear? 
Or cry to you “Violence!” 
and you will not save? (Habakkuk 1:2)

How am I to press on, Father? How am I to understand what faithfulness means in the midst of this brokenness? Teach me, Lord, to not despair. Teach me, Lord, to find hope.

But the Lord is in his holy temple; 
let all the earth keep silence before him. (Habakkuk 2:20)

With gratitude, O Lord, help me to find Your peace. Help me to see all the ways in which You are redeeming and rescuing this world. All the ways You are working in the hearts of Your people. Help me to find hope in You.

God, the Lord, is my strength; 
he makes my feet like the deer's; 
he makes me tread on my high places.(Habakkuk 3:19)


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.