Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Simple Prayer for the Pain of Christmas

This season of Christmas surfaces all sorts of emotions. Sometimes we find ourselves grieving a loss or struggling with all sorts of images from Christmas Past.

In these times God can seem so distant and prayers so hard to say. I find that simple prayers can help to communicate our heart. Here is something we can pray.

I am hurting Lord. I am sad and I am struggling.

I offer my pain to you. I lift up my struggles and my sadness.

I confess that you are my friend, that you care about me and you are with me.

I ask you to help me. To comfort me. To bring joy into my life.

I believe in you Lord and trust you to bring me through this season.

I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

Add a comment or request for prayer here.