Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Comforting Others




2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NLT)
     3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Father one of the ways you use us to comfort and encourage others is to share with them what you have done for us. By sharing our vulnerability, losses, and grief we can identify with those going through very difficult and even dark days.

Father help us to be sensitive, compassionate and honest as we endeavor to comfort others as you have comforted us. May they feel your loving presence, experience your peace and receive the strength of your grace. May they know they are not alone and that above all others you are with them. May they understand that you are the God of all hope and that their future is secure in your hands. May they know the truth and reality of the song: “Through It All” by Andrae Crough.

I’ve had many tears and sorrows,
I’ve had questions for tomorrow,
there’s been times I didn’t know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

Through it all,
through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God.

Through it all,
through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.

I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I’d never had a problem,
I wouldn’t know God could solve them,
I’d never know what faith in God could do.

Thanks be to God, our merciful Father and the source of all comfort, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. If I'd never had a problem.... I heard someone sum it up by saying: I never trust a person who doesn't walk with a limp.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.