Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

PRAYER OF CHOICES


Image result for max lucado

 Max Lucado has a small devotional book called Grace for the Moment. It has changed my attitude as I have made the "choice" to live out the Fruit of the Spirit.  I hope these few choices will encourage you as much as they have me.  PRAY these choices every morning..and see how different your day goes.

I CHOOSE LOVE ~~
No occasion justifies hatred:  no injustice warrants bitterness.  I choose love.  Today I will love God and what God loves.

I CHOOSE JOY ~~
I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance.  I will refuse the temptation to be cynical ...the tool of the lazy thinker.  I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God.  I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I CHOOSE PEACE ~~
I will live forgiven.  I will forgive so that I may live.

I CHOOSE PATIENCE ~~
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world.  Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so.  Rather complain that the wait was too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray.  Instead of clinching my fists at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.

I CHOOSE KINDNESS ~~
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone.  Kind to the rich, for they are afraid.  And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I CHOOSE GOODNESS~~
I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one.  I will be overlooked before I will boast.  I will confess before I will accuse.  I choose goodness.

I CHOOSE FAITHFULNESS~~
Today I will keep my promises.  My debtors will not regret their trust.  My associates will not question my word.  My wife will not question my love.  And my children will never fear that their father will not come home.

I  CHOOSE GENTLENESS ~~
Nothing is won by force.  I choose to be gentle.  If I raise my voice may it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL~~
I am a spiritual being....
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.  I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.  I choose self-control.  I will be drunk only by joy.  I will be impassioned only by faith.  I will be influenced only by God.  I will be taught only by Christ.  I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.  If I succeed, I will give thanks.  If I fail, I will seek his grace.  And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.
                       ~~Max Lucado

Dear Lord, I know I can do none of this in my own strength.  Only you, through the Holy Spirit, can make this a reality in my life.  I will make this my prayer every day!!! I love You.  Amen.


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wanda, this is good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wanda. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as retired Pastor's wife,through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. The list of choices (fruits of the Spirit) I need to pray every morning is very innovative and I certainly will follow this devotion every day and will seek my church members to do the same. Thank you so much for sharing this. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wwnkhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.