Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Choices to Live By (SELFCONRTOL)

Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
     22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control.


“I am a spiritual being. After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot rule the eternal. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.” Max Lucado

Father there may be no greater challenge in my life than self-control. The exercise of such discipline holds the greatest opportunity for success and its neglect the greatest certainty of failure. The fierceness of this struggle pulls in both directions with a conflict of intense emotions and immense consequences.

Father the Apostle Paul explains this so well in Galatians 5:17 (NLT) “The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other….”

Thank you Father that the indwelling Holy Spirit enables us to desire and choose self-control and thereby demonstrate the power of your grace in our lives. It is a wonderful benefit which brings the great joy of a self-controlled life.

For this blessing I thank You in Jesus name.
Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.