Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayer to be patience and even-tempered

Lord,

Here I am facing a new day. I know that without yielding to your calmness and contentment, I will succumb to frustration and irritation.

I seek your help today.

Make me more aware of my emotions and my attitudes. Remind me that I have control over the attitudes that I choose to present to the world.

Remind me that I can learn to overcome every challenging situation today by putting on the shoes of peace and displaying an even temper.

Remind me to show kindness.

Give me more ability to receive your love and give it away to others today.*

Help me to work hard and do my best. But help me to care more about loving others than I care about getting tasks done.

Lord, I want to grow spiritually this day. I want to be more Christ-like tonight when I go to bed than when I got up this morning.

Today I will focus on developing the fruit of the spirit instead of pleasing myself.

Today I will thank you, Lord, for leading me toward love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Today I will praise you, Lord, and I will celebrate your love for me.

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen

Copyright © 2012 Beth McLendon of Inspirational-Prayers.com

*Quote from Jack Frost of Shiloh Place Ministries - "God, help me to receive your love and give it away."

Scripture: Galatians 5:22





Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.